To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Transferring pictures with Legacy files

File > Backup Multimedia Files
This will create a .zip file containing all your multimedia files.

On the New computer use Windows XP zip file utilities
(<e.g.?, HOW DO YOU FIND THESE UTILITIES?) to
extract/restore > those multimedia files to the root folder (WHAT IS THE ROOT FOLDER?) of your drive (C:\) so the folder paths (WHAT FOLDER PATHS?) are created (AUTOMATICALLY? MANUALLY, IN OTHER WORDS WHO IS DOING THE CREATING?)to keep the multimedia in the same folders (IN THE SAME FOLDERS AS WHAT?)
where they were in on the old computer.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Bob Doe wrote:
Hi

I'm new here. So apologies if this question has been asked everday for last
six months.

I like to put a copy of my family file on my laptop when I go off
researching  in the field.

I seem to be able to transfer the words and dates etc using the Legacy File
export wizard but can't get the pictures to show up on the laptop.

Now I have bought a brand new desktop and need to migrate everything over.

Again I followed the export wizard and the data is fine but how do I shift
over the visuals?

Bob

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/