Liz, I am getting all these Messages to my Hotmail address and don't know how to stop them. If you have any luck could you please tell me how.
Regards,
Maralyn

From: "Liz Graydon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Please Stop Sending HTML messages to the List - posting from Hotmail
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:41:24 +0100

Wendy .... thanks so much, I have changed the setting and hopefully I am now plain text!!!

Liz

From: "Wendy Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:22:08 +1300

Hi Liz,

If somebody could help me with html and hotmail I would appreciate it. I do not download my emails into outlook but keep them as webbased. I have searched options but cannot find anywhere about html.

When you're composing an email in Hotmail, there is a button marked "Tools" in the menu just above the To: field. Click on that, and you will see amongst the options either "Rich-Text Editor ON" or "Rich-Text Editor OFF". So far, so good, but then it can be a little confusing about what that means, so take it slowly...

If you see "Rich-Text Editor ON", it means you are in plain text mode at the moment and if you click on that option you will turn the Rich-Text (or HTML) mode on.

If you see "Rich-Text Editor OFF", it means you are in Rich-Text/HTML mode at the moment. Click on that option to turn it off and change to plain text.

Another way to tell which mode you're currently in is to see if there is a menu just above the body of the email for making changes to the appearance of the text, things like colour and font style. If that's there, you're in Rich-Text/HTML mode.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand