Hi,

I would like to report a bug to Legacy but first I would like to verify that it is not just MY problem. (Maybe my 'unique ID' numbers are not unique or maybe my 'merge.usr' file is corrupt or ??.)
I am requesting a volunteer or 2 to:
Export to Legacy file "temp.fdb" one person, perhaps yourself.
Import from Legacy file "temp.fdb"
Do an 'Intellishare merge' which will merge your duplicate to your original self. Verify that you do, or do not, get the same merge log message. (See my proposed bug report below)
Of course make backup first and do check / repair afterward.

Thanks for any help.
Richard Van Wasshnova

(proposed) Bug in merge log
Whenever I complete an "IntelliShare merge" a popup message appears:
"Messages displayed about not automerging of Intellishare matched individuals were recorded in a log file. Would you like to view the 'Merge log' file? ".
I would expect this log to report something like:
Rin 26998 was merged to RIN 25222, etc.
Instead I get a report that has nothing to do with the merge:
"There are 760 individuals with a modified date that is before the start of this IntelliShare merge process." There follows a RIN sequential list of names. My wife is listed, I am not, we both have the same modified date 2006-09-17.
This 'Merge log' file is only created during IntelliShare merges.
I would prefer not to see this confusing merge log.
A more helpful popup would say:
"It is reccommended that you do a 'check / repair' now as any duplicate pictures or source citations referenced to deleted Individuals remain as orphans." (If a check / repair is done at a later date the resulting error log is likely to confuse us.)