Sorry, Jenny, but I cannot agree here. If the relationship is through the
mother of, say, an illigitimate child then clearly that relationship exists
irrespective of the father. I previously gave an example from my own tree where
such a relationship exists and *is* displayed.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Use Legacy Search - see My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

> Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:49:15 +0000
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] still problem with relationship calculator
>
> Donna Alden-Bugden wrote
> >No...I tried to set it about 5 or 6 times...and even disconnected and
> >reconnected the family and reset the relationship...won't work. For now
> >I have attached an unknown father for the illeg child so that it will
> >create relationships for me
>
> To me, it seems to make sense that you need to put in both parents,
> albeit one of them as "Unknown" in order to get Legacy to show
> relationships correctly.  Unless Legacy knows who the parents are, how
> can it work out what the relationships are to other people who may or
> may not be connected to either or both of the parents?
> --
> Jenny M Benson

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***