Hi Russ,

No, the step that corrected the missing colours was Resetting the Ancestor Colours - Tools > Apply Ancestor Colours.

Note that you can Set Relationships to one person and Ancestor Colours to someone else. Re-setting the relationships doesn't add the Ancestor Colour to the ancestor who has been added.

Cathy

At 12:21 PM 11/01/2007, you wrote:

Nancy,
The step that corrected it was when you recalculated relationships. Whenever you add new people to your direct lineage after you have calculated relationships you need to redo this step. One way to tell that it hasn't been done is the colors and another way is the relationship that is listed above the person when you view them (ie first cousin, second cousin once removed, yadayadayad) will be blank or not showing. Whenever you notice this is not showing above someone that you know has a relationship to you, then that is when it is time to recalculate relationships.
Russ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nancy Bender" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:25 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Ancestor Color coding

Thank you Ron and all for the suggestions. I had just done File Maintenance a few days ago, but did it again. Then I recalculated relationships and reset the ancestor colors. Now it is working correctly. Not sure which step corrected it, or if it was the combination, but I am glad that it is working again.
Thanks again,
Nancy