Peggy,

You're correct.  I scan as TIF and then edit and save as jpg (Legacy can't
find the jpeg extension - they're the same but the program only recognizes
the dot-three extensions).

It's better to use the jpg when linking to Legacy because if you have a lot
of pictures with very large file sizes, as you do with TIF, you'll find that
your computer really starts to bog down.

Cathy referred another user to our article on pictures and multimedia files
at http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsMedia-Menu.asp.  You might find it
interesting.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.