Hi Henry,
Yes you can swap the information to the Baptism field without retyping.

Under the Options button next to the events on the Individual information screen is a list of possibilities for the highlighted event, including Swap with baptism information. There is a problem if the baptism event includes a Description - it is left behind if the baptism fields were empty and attached to the switched information if the baptism fields had information.

When the baptism fields were blank, this leaves a blank baptism event which then needs to be deleted. You can't delete a whole Event definition if it is being used.
So this is a big one by one job unless someone else can think of a clever way.

My only thought is - could you do it by exporting to a Gedcom and reimporting with particular mapping options. This would only be feasible if you've only used common items as some things are lost in Gedcom export. I'm also too inexperienced with Gedcoms to know how. You may need to edit the Gedcom and change the tag used for these baptisms to an unknown tag so that you are asked on import what to do with them.

Cathy