From: WebMaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] HELP! duplicate multimedias
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:36:11 -0500

Ron,
I'm confused. The photos themselves aren't duplicated, only the links in the database--it two duplicate links to exact same photo. Are we talking about the same thing??
Thx!
I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP WITH THIS!!! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!! MUCH BETTER SUPPORT THAN I HAD WITH THE OTHER PRODUCT THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM TO START WITH! LOL
Lisa

Quoting ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Lisa,

A thought has come to mind! But first how many different picture
folders do you have for Legacy? The reason I ask this. is that if you
merge the pictures into one folder (I realise this may be very big)
when doing so Windows will draw your attention to the duplicates (
assume that they have the same file name?) and you can just refuse to
merge them.

It is a simple matter for Legacy to find the new location as all you
need to do is when it finds a missing picture is to point it to the
folder with all the pictures in and it will then find the others. You
can always split the find later and redirect Legacy to the new folder.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*New Site, New Blog!* Create Legacy Web Pages Trilogy!
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk /Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: