Carl and Cathy,

Thanks for cluing me in to follow to the next step to complete the deletion. I had already taken care of this one but will probably do again for other LDS films as well and let Legacy do it that way. The Source Citation Report is useful but I'm looking at it as a spreadsheet using Access, all source detail in one column, etc. I may create a timeline for each film source.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] delete master records

Hi Cary (and Richard),

You need to go one screen further.

When you get the pop up saying that the source is being used, answer Yes to whether you want to see who is using it. On that next screen with the list of people is a great big button which reads:
Delete this Master Source and All Citations to it.

Click it and the job is done.

In Richard's case, Richard, you need to go to each of the Master Sources you want to delete and do this for each one. That will leave only the one source. Not sure why you need to do this in order to standardise how you use one particular source. The other sources shouldn't be in the way of doing that. You may want to tag the source you are wanting to work on and then run a Source Citation Report with just that tagged source so you have a pdf file or printout to work from.

Cathy