Hi Natasha,

check the size of your pictures that you are wrapping in the pdf file. I suspect they are the culprit. If so you will need to resize them using a free program such as Picassa 2. Just don't overwrite your originals.

Joe

ps. could you also only send plain text emails to this group. Your email came in to me as spam.

Natasha Henson wrote:
Hello,
From the reports menu on my legacy deluxe program, I have created a multiple lines of descendant chart, then converted it to a PDF file to send off to a family member. But.....for some unknown reason to me, the file size is 12,000mb's!!!! I only have 401 people on the chart, and around 5 or 7 photo's, general notes etc etc.....Why is the file so big? When I forward it in an email it bounces back as it is saying "too big for mailbox". Another relation sent me their PDF file (they also have Legacy) and their file had more photos and notes than mine and it was only 1.1mb's......How do you make it smaller? Where am I going wrong? Why is it so big? Help!!!!! Thanking you all in advance, any guidance will be treated "step by step" exactly.... Regards, Natasha (a newie to Legacy in Australia)

<http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=102282>

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp <http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp%3Ehttp://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp%3C/a%3E.%3C/p%3E%0A%0A%0A%0A%3Cp%3ELegacy%20User%20Group%20guidelines%20can%20be%20found%20at:%20%3Ca%20href=>

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp