The Mills book is basically how to reference genealogical sources correctly. The version I looked at was outdated (1996?) and I don't recall it showing how to reference some forms of electronic media. "Genealogists" take this as the authority on how to source from what I gather.

I try to abide by MLA formatting with my sources since my wife is an English professor (She can spell-I can't) :)

APA is another popular sourcing format for the pseudo sciences such as psychology and sociology (My majors in college).

Google is your friend on these formats.

From what I gathered from Renee's review is that we will have source templates. That is what I am thrilled about. Now that I think about it I hope we are allowed to build our own templates in whatever format we chose and not have to be "married" only to Mill's templates. I can only hope. Sourcing has been somewhat weak in this program and I miss using the now defunct Ultimate Family Tree that would allow me to format my source templates how I wanted. That program was actually one of the first programs to have Mill's templates built in to it. There were a lot of features in that program I would like to see implemented into Legacy. That program kicked arse and was years ahead of its time in ease of use and functionality. TMG tried to do this, but it became too complex for most users and IMHO is counter-intuitive. Oh and thanks to FTM for killing that program.

Don't get me wrong Legacy filled it's shoes for my use and I like the mom and pops approach business model they have. More of a family all of us are because of it and these folks are very respectful even with what comes through this list :)

Basically, it sounds like Legacy is growing up and I am glad to see the push on better sourcing options within the program as long as it maintains it's intuitiveness and data integrity.

I pray the Legacy programming gurus give us the option to build our own templates. I'll be glad to lend you my UFT with it's Windows 3.1 16 bit GUI functionality overlaid on foxpro 16bit to take a gander at :)

Joe

Valeris Garton wrote:
Could some one please tell me what this book is that has been referred
to here ?

Regards from Valerie in sunny Sydney. Researching: BEDDY, CULLODEN, DYAS and ROWAN in Dublin, Wicklow &
Wexford - please ???????