I try to follow the conventions of whatever groups I join. In reviewing posts on this group, top posting seems to be the consensus. I find top posting, with prior remarks (but not repeated lines at the bottom of the messages), easiest because I prefer not to scroll to the bottom of a post before reading it. In fact, I generally skip reading those posts altogether. Top vs. bottom posting seems to be a preference. It's really not a huge deal either way, though.

Dawn

Elizabeth Cunningham wrote:

Could I throw my unpopular 2 cents in and say I HATE bottom posting? I do not have very much space on my screen for messages to show, and to have to scroll down for every one of the 200 or so messages I get each day is a pain. I do agree it is much easier to follow if you bottom post, but to just simply have repeated post after repeated post come up with no idea of whether or not the answer matters to one is annoying, at least.

      Elizabeth C

Gene Young wrote:

.......As the site states, signatures are not required but can be used. Top posting, along with not trimming, is generally frowned upon, and if you use a properly formatted signature that begins with two hyphens and a space, anything following your signature (the body of the post you are quoting) will be trimmed by any properly designed mail reader.

You may top or bottom post, as you wish, (there are after all no post police who will drag you away in handcuffs) but bottom posting is preferred (with proper trimming) as it is easier to follow what you are responding to.

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp