Sorry, I didn't get home last night until 730pm and then I finally got two Civil War pension files I was waiting for, which was too hard to resist.

In the page source code it says

Now, on some experimentation, if I choose colors that came with Legacy ( in the Color box that pops up, the ones with the longer color bars, like the green or dark pink colors), the proper background color is generated. Even some "custom" colors work, although selecting a similar, but not the same, shade of tan, resulted in what appeared to be a black background but source code that said <body BGCOLOR="#0F0000" >

I'll report the glitch to support. Thank you for sorting it out.

Lisa

ronald ferguson wrote:
My apologies, Lisa, I was in a rush at the time I replied and missed that bit of your reply.

Since that is the case and the colour information is not being transferred from the setting you have made to the web page - you can check that this is the case by looking at the body tag in the html - whcih will contain BGCOLOR="#000000" for a black backgound but something else for tan (I cannot say what other hex number because I don't know the exact shade).

Given that it does say #000000 then I think you will need to uninstall and reinstall Legacy to get it to woirk correctly as there is a fault in the coding on your installation.