Thanks Ron and Cathy!

Cathy's suggestion for arriving at a list of individuals buried in a
particular cemetery is certainly easier and does provide just what I asked
for. Ron's suggestion doesn't seem to answer the question that I asked, but
I will give it a try when I have the time to go through all those
steps.Thereason I don't think Ron's suggestion would do what I asked
is that cemetery
names are not included in the "location", but instead in the "address" for
each particular burial field. The same is true for coming up with a list of
people who died or were christened in a particular location. That's great,
assuming that the address if the church or hospital is associated only with
death and christening.

It seems odd that legacy didn't provide a way to enter an address associated
with a marriage. I have been putting the address in the marriage notes if
there is not already a news article in the marriage notes identifying the
church or other marriage location.

As the information for births, marriages, deaths, and burials is of primary
concern to most of us, it's too bad that Legacy doesn't seem to highlight
how to generate detailed reports concerning these events. At the risk of
starting a dialogue on what's wrong with Family Tree Maker, I'll just
mention that it does allow the creation of such reports (as well as others)
that Legacy doesn't...or, if they do, I can't find that feature in the
instructions or the help guides.

Ron's web site looks very interesting and I will investigate that more
throoughly at a later date!

On 9/26/07, ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thad,
>
> Yes there is. The explanation is quite detailed and I have, therefore. put
> on my website at http://www.fergys.co.uk and it is in the Blogs section,
> Blog 5 Search Events, Locations and Married Names.
>
> Ron Ferguson
>
> For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk
> *Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 03:23:47 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Burial Location/Address Reports
>
> Is there a way to create a printable list of all individuals who are
> buried in a specific cemetery? On the Individual's Information screen I have
> entered the cemetery name in the "address" section. For that matter, it also
> seems important to me to be able to create reports of "where", meaning the
> name of the church, individuals were married. What is the point of creating
> these addresses if they can't be used for other than making name tags or
> mailiing labels?
>
> --

> Feel like a local wherever you go.
> http://www.backofmyhand.com