from the help (relationships: asterisks)

If the relationship show is a cousin type, it will show the kind of
cousin (first, second, etc.) and how many generations removed, in the
form of 1C2R (first cousin, twice removed).  If the generations
removed are in the descendant direction, meaning that the cousin is in
a generation younger than the starting person, an asterisk is shown
after the relationship indicator.
Evert van Dijken