Sure, it's Beaufort county, North Carolina, circa
1690's to early 1700's.
An excerpt from her book: "Beaufort Precinct of Bath
Co. became Beaufort Co. in 1705, but oftentimes
counties were formed years before they functioned as
new counties because of lack of men and facilities. So
it was with Beaufort. The area was lightly populated."

Those are the last few lines of the page she wrote on
the area and our family ties to it, as well as the
nomenclature and structure of the area at the time
(such as county vs. precinct and recordkeeping of the
time).
Jess M

--- Gene Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jess M wrote:
>

> > Recap: Is there a way that I am not finding, to
> > override the county verifier FOR THIS INSTANCE
> ONLY. I
> > do not wish to turn it off all together, it would
> > defeat the purpose of the tool.
> >>

> Short answer, no.  You can just ignore that message
> for that location whenever it pops up but I
> prefer to locate the name of the county it was in at
> that time and then in the location notes give
> the present day county.  I use
> http://www.familyhistory101.com/map_county.html for
> this.  Can you
> tell us the location name and county?