It helps establish the time period of the bible and the printing method (helping establish provenance) on old bibles those are usually the most adorned and well printed pages in the bible.

Just helps you to authenticate it later and know that it is a bible from that time frame.

Allen

Jess M wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what purpose does the first
pages of the old and new testaments serve? Do they
hold some significance?

Title page I understand.
As this is one of those huge white family Bible
editions, it has several pages in the front for the
family information, and I know it is written all over
in the front - I read over it many, many times when I
was actively involved in the family.