Yvonne,

I am not sure why the download didn't work for you as I have just downloaded it
myself (I noticed it is a later version than mine).

Clicking "Download Now" takes you to another page and in the box headed "Star
Downloader Free" You need to click the link at the bottom to "download.com".
You can get there direct using:
http://www.download.com/Star-Downloader-Free/3000-2071_4-10346402.html

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Downloading
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:40:39 +0200
>

>> The downloads are really huge. If you're trying to use the "Install from
>> the Web" and since you're on dial-up, you're better off selecting the
>> "Download Full Setup", saving that to your hard drive and then running the
>> install after you go off-line.
>>
>> It's not really going backwards. You'll find that the "stall" is at the
>> largest of the files, such as Legacy.exe and rg.dat (the Research Guidance
>> data file). - possibly even the Legacy6.chm (help file) and Legacy6.lng.
>>
> Thanks for all the help re my downloading problems.
>
> I took your advice Sherry and am downloading the Full Setup.
>
> Ron, I tried to download the Star Downloader, but either I or the download
> itself has a problem, and it just wont download, so have forgotten about
> that!!!
>
> Hopefully I should be 'up & running' again very soon, as I have loads of
> data to enter.
>
> Again thanks to everyone.
>
> Yvonne

Feel like a local wherever you go.