Pat --

Are you sure you are using ( )  and not [   ] which would mark the item as
private?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pat Hickin
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 2:33 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Locations--(W)VA

Dev wrote>
> As far as Legacy is concerned, I don't think Legacy treats "(W)VA" and
> "VA" any differently. At least I haven't been able to duplicate Pat's
> problem. Maybe Pat could be more specific about which descendant report is

> the problem (Descendant Chart, Descendants Book Report, Descendant
> Narrative Book Report, etc.).

Well, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem either.
l've just tried two descendant reports (one a .pdf from reports, all
reports, book reports, descendants) the other, just clicking on the
Descendant tab in family view, and choosing a .txt file and both included
"W(VA)" without a problem!!

Sometimes I think writing to Legacy UG is similar to calling a mechanic when

you have a strange auto problem -- the problem seems to solve itself without

anybody doing anything that is different.

Thanks for everybody's input anyway -- and I appreciated the various ideas
about how they handle changing county boundaries.  I suppose at some point
I'll have to go through my files and try to make those consistent.  I
Imagine I could spend the entire rest of my life trying to get those
straightened out!

--
Pat