I figured the problem out. What I wanted it to do is tag everyone that showed up as POSSIBLE matches (there ate 368 of them). The program apparently can't do that. What it will tag is everyone that you actually merge. If you merge 2 individuals then the 1 individual left over after you merge will be tagged so that you can tell that you merged someone.

I wanted to tag everyone that is a possible duplicate. The only way I can do that is to hand tag them one at a time which would take too long.

michele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 1:04 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Another merge question

1) Did it find any duplicates?

2) How have you checked that there are no Tag 9's?
You could do a Detailed Search for Individuals with Tag 9 equal to tagged.
You could make sure that Tag 9 is one of the 3 tags marked for display on the screens and then use the Name List - Search - Tag 9

If neither of those help - we need more information on what you did.
Cathy