Hi Janet,

It's OK to use Legacy on two computers.

Vista has a different security environment that makes things a bit different from XP.
See
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/helpWindowsVista.asp
for tips on Legacy with Vista.

Re transferring data from one computer to the other. Use whatever medium you have. USB drives are the easiest. Since you're not at home and are loading Legacy, it sounds like you are carrying a DVD or thumb drive with some of your data at least.

Cathy