You all have some great ideas, but this is totally not what I am
proposing with sources.  Can we start a separate thread that discusses
the source clipboard and then let this one be for my source linking
idea?

My idea would be sort of like creating a hyperlink for each "total
source output" and then that one hyperlink would connect to whatever
it needs to.  Otherwise, I have the following citation pasted
separately 6 times in my files:

1870 U.S. census, Pike County, Alabama, population schedule, digital
image by subscription, Ancestry.com, (www.ancestry.com), Andrew S.
Riche household, Beat 6, dwelling & family 123, page 14, from National
Archives microfilm M593, roll 37, 17 Mar 2007.

This takes up a lot of space and makes it exponentially more difficult
to correct errors in the source detail.

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, GA
www.roots2buds.net

On Dec 7, 2007 5:18 AM, Jenny M Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Brown wrote
> >The source clipboard is one of the best 'labour-saving' devices in Legacy.
>
> It is indeed, but it lacks one option which I would find really useful.
> That is the option to add several sources to the clipboard and then
> select which one(s) will actually be pasted.
>
> When I find a new person/family on a Census I will follow up by tracing
> the relevant entries in the Marriage and Birth indexes and will then
> want to cite one or more of these Sources as I add the new information
> to my database.  If I find a man has now married and has a child I will
> be wanting to Source a Census Event for all 3 of them, a Marriage for
> the man, Births for the wife and the child and I also cite the Census as
> a source for the name/age information for the wife and child.  (This is
> to show how I knew who to look for in the Indexes.
>
> I usually find it quicker to add all the Sources to the clipboard, paste
> them all and delete the ones which aren't relevant, but it would be nice
> to be able to select just the ones I want to paste each time.
> --
> Jenny M Benson
>

> Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et
>
> Legacy User Group guidelines: