LOL
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Large Files Size of Files and Plain text

  In a message dated 1/12/2008 7:22:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes:
    Hi Momalot66,

    "This is my first attempt at Plain text, hope it works. My understanding
    on LARGE files is that they are much slower because they have so much to
    move around, Is that right?"

    Well done!  As others have already said, your post came through in plain
    text.  Great to see.  :-)

    I haven't seen anyone answer your question yet...  large files can be a
    problem for a variety of reasons, including that some people cannot get
    broadband so are stuck with slow dial-up connections.  These may take a
    long time to download larger emails, or may not cope with a larger one
    at all (I remember having that problem many years ago).  Some people
    have to pay for the amount they download, so are paying for other
    people's large emails to be received, when the same could have been sent
    as a smaller package with a little thought.

    But all of that is really not the point of why you've been asked to send
    your posts to this list in plain text - the simple fact is that it is a
    rule of this list (see the link at the end of this and every post for
    the list rules).  The reasons behind the rule are not for us to debate -
    mailing lists like this one are not a democratic society, I don't know
    of any lists that are (and please don't anyone start sending me evidence
    to the contrary!)

    There are many others who post to this list without paying attention to
    this issue.  It would be nice if they took notice and started changing
    their habits.

    Thanks for making the effort, Momalot66, it's appreciated.  :-)

    Kind Regards,
    Wendy Howard
    --
    Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand