Valerie,

Excuse my delay in replying.

This is a longish e-mail, but I believe this question was already
answered for you a fortnight ago, when you sent a similar e-mail on
13-Feb-2008.  According to my records, 4 people replied to you on
13/14-Feb-2008, namely: Susan Daily, Michael J Method, Ron Taylor and
myself.  I've included your original e-mail and the 4 responses, in
case you didn't see them.

On 13/02/2008, Valerie Garton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to add people who are not alive and have the not living
> button on permanently to save having to select it every time ?
>
> Regards from Valerie in sunny Sydney.

On 13/02/2008, Susan Daily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied:
> Well, you can always go to Options - Customize - Data Defaults -
> Living Indicator - NO
>
> Susan

On 13/02/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied:

> If you enter anything in death or burial fields, it will automatically set
> living to "No".
>

> Mike
>
> Michael J Method

On 13/02/2008, Ron Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied:
> Just add something in the death or burial fields like "bef 2007" or "Sydney,
> Australia".  If those fields are non-blank, it assumes they are not living
> even if you think the contents are just comments.
> Ron Taylor

And On 14/02/2008, Dermot McGlone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied:
> Valerie,
>
> One way to do this, is to make a change in the customise options as follows:
>
> Click on "Options" in the toolbar at the top of the Legacy screen.
> Select "Customise..." from the menu which drops down.
> Click on the "Data Defaults" tab at the top right-hand side of the window
> which appears.
> The first option here (on the left of the window) is the "Living Indicator
> Default" option, which you can set to whatever you find works for you.  I
> have it set to the third option "Use Previous" as I find when I'm entering a
> number of people together, they're usually from the same source and usually
> I find that if the first person I add is deceased, most of the remaining
> people are.
>
> You may also wish to select "No" which ensures that everyone is marked as
> "Not Living", but you may then forget to change it back for a new family
> member.  Likewise, selecting "Yes" will mean that everyone is assumed alive
> unless you enter a Death Date or Place, which will automatically mark them
> as deceased.
>
> You can also periodically run the "Advanced Set Living" option, see the Help
> Files for how to use this feature.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dermot.

Isn't this the same question, or am I missing something?  Valerie, I
realise from some of your previous e-mails that you are on a limited
internet access, and not able to stay logged on for long, and I also
appreciate that you are (by your own admission) relatively new to
Legacy, but you really should try and ensure that you have read
replies to e-mails you've sent, before sending the same question
again.

Regards,

Dermot.

New question, posed on 28-Feb-2008: