My Legacy file was a conversion from a previous PAF file. I used OO to edit and correct hundreds of notes that did not format properly when a gedcom was originally imported into PAF. Scrolling down the column in OO was much easier than having to open each record individually. I did not do any other manipulation beyond the data in the table itself, I used no macros and I saved it back with the same extension. No corruption at all. As always, if you have a good backup you can experiment without risk.

Gary Templeman

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:52 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Merging Master Sources problem

At present I would only consider using Open Office for searching the Legacy database and not for making changes. In fact I am uncertain if one can write amendments back into the DOC format and I know that the macros are different so it could well corrupt your file should you attempt it.

I am slowly, very slowly, looking into this.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
New Blog: Open Legacy Family File with Open Office
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: