Gayle - after you change the widths of all your columns following the
advice on this list, be sure to save it! I called mine "tight" so I'd
remember this was the setup where everything fits in tightly. (I think
you right-click over a header and instead of load, you can save
setup... if this isn't right, I'll run Legacy and try to figure it out
again.)

When one day you open Index and it is back to normal widths again (and
trust me, it will happen!) you then rightclick and select "tight".

Susan