button) - instead click the CUSTOMIZE button at the lower left
Look in the UNRECOGNIZED ITEMS box, look at the ITEMS NOT TO BE IMPORTED box,
and even look at the IMPORT THESE ITEMS list - try to find the field name (from
#1 above) and make sure it gets mapped to a NOTES field (or to whatever field
you want it)  Note that you might want to put something into the box on the
bottom right (like "***CHECK THIS***" or some such thing).

I'd suggest doing item #2 to a NEW Legacy file first.  If it works, make a
backup of your existing Legacy file.  You now have 3 Legacy files:
A) The new import that contains your missing notes
B) Your "working" Legacy file
C) A backup of your "working" legacy file.
You SHOULD now be able to merge Legacy files A & B together so you get the
notes and keep any new info you've added.  If it messes up, restore your
working file using the backup.

Hope that helps.
Bob