Gene Young wrote:
Thomas Herson wrote:
I'm wondering if a lot of people aren't reading all their e-mail before responding to a quesion. That could be the reason why hours after a question has been posed people continue to respond even though the answer has been posted a dozen times or more.

Because, due to the nature of the internet, some people do not receive their email until after a response has been sent. Because of the lag in receiving their email they send an answer, in an attempt to be helpful, without KNOWING a response has been sent. Unless EVERYONE agrees to NOT answer a question before 24 hours have passed this will continue to be the norm. I, for one, would rather receive five responses relatively quickly than one response too late. :-)

No Gene. That's not what Thomas was trying to get at. I think what he was trying to say was: Why don't people read *ALL* of their received messages before they reply to one. Then, they might notice that replies have already been received and that consequently they do not need to add a superfluous reply.

Of course, maintaining correct threading would also help this!

--
Regards,
Mike Fry