Bob,

You can globally change all the marriage names at Options>Customise>Data Entry.
I only use the individuals' marriage screen if I wish to make an excemption for
some reason rather than to predict the future.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 7 - Maiden Names and Married Names
> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:11:07 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> At the bottom of the MARRIAGE screen is a pull down list. It only includes
> 2 items:
> 0-None - don't generate married names
> 1-Replace wife's surname with husband's surname
> Only problem is it then brings up a dialogue box asking if you want it to be
> the default. Since they made it a pull-down (and not just a check box), it
> would have been nice if they changed it to:
> 0-None - don't generate married names for this person
> 1-Replace wife's surname with husband's surname for this person
> 2-None - don't generate married names for ALL FUTURE people
> 3-Replace wife's surname with husband's surname for ALL FUTURE people
> or something like that
> But that is a VERY minor quibble!
>
> You can also totally override the marriage name for either the male and the
> female on this same screen, just above this pull down list.
>
> Bob

Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay
today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/