  From: Christine Pearce
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 6:14 AM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] Unknown message box on Legacy7 start-up - Legacy frozen -
Urgent help please!

  I started Legacy this morning and the 'do you want to check for updates'
message showed. At the split second I checked Yes, I was jostled by the dog and
the mouse clicked on No. Legacy completely froze.

  After rebooting, I started Legacy and a message box pops up that simply says
"Message". There are no icons by which it can be closed. I can type in the box.
The main Legacy screen is frozen, with no data.

  After checking the Archives, I tried removing all the *.usr files, to no
affect. I tried reinstalling over, but that didn't work. Then, after checking
the Archives, I removed the install.log and reinstalled.

  When that didn't work, I tried Remove Programs, but it said it couldn't find
the install.og. So, I manually removed all the files in the Legacy program
directory, then reinstalled (from disk).

  There is no change - the unnamed Message box still pops up and the main
Legacy screen is frozen.

  Can someone offer advice as soon as possible?

  Many thanks,

  Christine