Allen, my experience is that DAR (Darwin Ports) Wine will "sorta" run
Legacy.  It will look good on startup but there will be some features
that don't give you the output you expect.  For normal users, Fusion
or Parallels is the best option.  I have used both but prefer Fusion
because I can run Legacy as an application within Mac.  I can have
Safari open on Ancestry and can copy and paste to Legacy just like it
was a Mac application.  The small tradeoffs running Fusion or
Parallels is that the graphics aren't quite as nice as on a Windows
machine.  You can use ClearPrint to alias screen characters but that's
as fancy as it gets.  It still looks good enough to use though.

Jim