From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Charting / Reports 1/2 children
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:39:10 +0800

hi Ron

I was looking at descendant reports/charts and want to see all the children of
both parents, not just the marriage.

________________________________

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Charting / Reports 1/2 children
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:12:17 +0100
>

> Mark,
>
> You do not say which (or what sort of) chart, so I cannot test this for you,
> but have you tried linking and setting the relationship to "step child" -
> which after all would be accurate. I am not sure if this option is there by
> default but if not you can just add it.
>
> I think it is just the need to link to the step father which is important.
>

> Ron Ferguson

> *New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
> http://www.fergys.co.uk
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>

> ________________________________
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Charting / Reports 1/2 children
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:40:59 +0800
>

> My uncle and his wife had 1 child from their marriage.
>

> Before they were married each had been married and had one child.
>

> I have set the family view to show 1/2 children so when I look at my uncles
> family card it shows him and his wife and three children - their son, his son
> from his previous marriage and his wife's son from her previous marriage.
>

> However whenever I try to chart this it will only ever show two children, and
> not the son of the his wife.
>

> If I show the wife's son as being adopted by my uncle then he will show in
> the reports such as descendants but it does not show his real father, just my
> uncle.
>
> Also, on the family view their is then 4 children showing, including the now
> adopted son who is shown twice as both adopted and as a 1.2 child.
>

> I hope you can understand what I am trying to show here.
>

> Is there any report or chart that will simply show the true relationships of
> my uncle and aunt, and their three children. They were always treated as
> simply one family.
>

> thanks for any help
>

> Mark

See the most popular videos on the web
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
   Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **