----- Original Message ----- From: Hope Bagot Bees
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 8:59 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Copying from one file to another

I am trying to compare two different databases, using the split screen.
 When I move from one screen to the other I keep getting the following
message "You cannot copy to/from the same family file."

Why does it say the "same family file"?  It is a different file,
composed yesterday, under a different name, although a lot of the
information is to be found in both files.

As it happens I would like to copy information from one file, which
contains the sources, to the other, which lacks them.  Does this mean I
have to tackle another merge?   I would like to drag and drop as
suggested by Ron Ferguson some time ago.

Any advice before I give up completely would be welcome.
Elizabeth

Check that you actually have to two different files in the window, it sounds to me as though you have the same file in each window.

Colin.