Judy wrote:
Thank, Don. I know it is editable, as I've done it before, but I currently have no such *.tlx*files in my dictionary folder. EVERY one is a like to a greeting card site. The help files give directions, but the entire dictionary contains only the words:

#LID 24941
LegacyFamilyTree i
Millennia i
MillenniaCorp i
Ringgold i
Tingley i

Downloading and reinstalling the program has not helped.

My apologies. I see that the tlx files are in fact plain text and therefore can be edited with Notepad. On a Vista system, with no application associated with the TLX extension, double-clicking one of them results in a query as to whether Vista should pick a program from the local system or use a Web service. The local computer is, of course, the way to get Notepad associated with all TLX files.

I would postulate that sometime in the past you either went the Web service route, or had installed some greetings card software. To be able to open TLX files with notepad, you now need to use the Default Programs to a) remove whatever it is that 'owns' TLX files, and b) make Notepad the new owner.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry