wrote
Or if you select a new source using the source writer "Generic", " generic manuscript", try entering anything at all the Collection Field. Then it appears to create a Blank source??? in the source list. I tried it twice and there are 3 blank lines at top of my source list. If you run Master List cleanup, it removes the blank lines.

There are other circumstances when it creates the blank sources because it happened to me to-day but I forget exactly which template I was using. It happened last night, too, with a different template, when I was trying to edit an existing Source by deleting some information and typing something different. I found the work-around for that was to type the new information alongside the old and then delete the old unwanted bit.

As a stop-gap measure until this bug is ironed out, many people may be able to make use of the facility to create a new source by editing an existing one and then saving as a new version. (Won't work, of course, if you haven't already created a Source similar to the one you want to use!)
--
Jenny M Benson