To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:19 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Problem with Mapping

Kay,

In the Master Location List, click on the Geo-code button and select
"Geo-code all unresolved locations...."

If you're still seeing some strays, highlight the errant location, click on
the Geo-code button and select "Geo-code current location...."

I can tell you that I've seen VE will misplace some locations. It seems to
want to put my town of Mexico, Missouri somewhere in Mexico.

Plus it has no idea where historical locations are so if your towns no
longer exist, you'll have to estimate the location and set the pin there. On
the map in the Master Location List, with the location highlighted in the
list, right click on the spot where the location should be.  That will set
the coordinates to the correct place. Best done when zoomed in close on the
map.

Also, you may have to enter a location without a county to set it correctly,
then after it's set, edit the location again to include the county

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
supp...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.