I think the install.log file wasn't installed during the update (see mails
in the archive about the install.log problem in March 2009). Probably
because of registry problems.
I suppose the OP should contact support directly to get instructions how to
remove legacy from the registry (and delete some legavy files from the
legacy folder) before trying to update/install again.
This sometimes happens if two versions of legacy are present on the computer
(sometimes without the user knowing). Or if the previous version of legacy
wasn't completely removed from the registry etc.
Evert