Have you thought about adding her various married names under the
Alternatives Names?  In this way each name you enter will be shown in the
various reports and you'll see them all.

  _____

From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Bill Rhodes
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 4:33 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] How to retain wife's married name as entered

Could someone tell me how to do this correctly? Here is the problem:

GGM Mary Hinton married Joseph Brown.
In Legacy I entered Wife's name as Mary Hinton.
Joseph died five years later.

Marriage #2 was to George Miller.
I entered Wife's name as Mary Hinton Brown.

Problem: When I do the above, Legacy automatically changes her (Wife's) name
to Mary Hinton Brown - which is wrong and not as I entered.

So my question is "how can I keep her name the same as I enter it without
Legacy changing it?"

The solution is probably simple but I have tried everything I can think of
an nothing works - so I need someone's advice.

Thanks,  Bill R.