Hi Sherry,

> Sorry about plain text and trimming posts, but I don't
> even know what that means.

In the context of emails and mailing lists, "plain text" means without formatting. Just the text, nothing else. No font set, no bold, underlines, colours, etc.

You can find out how to set your emails to plain text in the Help files of your email program. You should be able to set your email program to always send mail to a particular address (such as this mailing list) in plain text, leaving other emails in whatever format is otherwise set.

Trimming posts means taking out the bits of the previous post that aren't needed in your reply. Such as I've done here with your post - I've kept short quotes from your post that relate to what I've said here, and deleted the rest. Especially the header (the "to", "from", etc) and the footer (the bit that Legacy adds to every post).

You don't always need to include a quote from the previous post - it depends on context and whether you feel your reply will be understood on its own, or be enhanced with a reminder of what the reply relates to. I like to include a quote most of the time, but that's just me, and I don't do it every single time.

> This is the first time I've ever been part of a user group.
> Can you help me to learn how to do this? I've been
> using my reply icon at the top of the message, typing
> my stuff, and sending it.

For the most part, you're doing the right thing by using "Reply" to respond to someone else's post to the list. Once you've got the plain text setting sorted, you're a step further ahead. :-)

If you want to start a new "thread" of discussion, that is change the topic to something new, please start a new email instead of replying. Save the list email address in your address book, so you don't have to retype it and possibly make a mistake.

And keep asking questions here, and reading the questions and replies from others - we'll help you discover all sorts of things you never knew existed!

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
--