SgtBob wrote:
When my wife and I married, I adopted her daughter from my wife's
previous marriage.  I show my adopted daughter as '1/2' in the
program, as I believe the instructions indicate.  My problem is that
when I do a chart, I would like to include her and my grandchildren.
How can I accomplish this?  The Legacy help files do not address
this issue - at least I haven't found it and would appreciate some
guidance.

The likely reason is that although you have shown your adopted child as a
1/2 kid you have not linked her to your marriage. But it would seem that you
have her linked to yourself. If so, unlink her from yourself and then, in
family View, add her as you would any other biological child; ie. click on
the kids bit and select "Link to an existing child". Reset the adopted
relationship to yourself.

This will mean that your daughter will appear twice, once as the daughter of
your wife's previous marriage, and once as your daughter. This is standard
for all such relationships. Check also in the marriage list that you are not left with a ghost marriage to an unknown.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England