From: Kathy Shiell-Stokes <shearerfamilyt...@3web.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 9:12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Computer Crash - Lost Legacy Program:

Deborah:
First of all, calm yourself down and reassure yourself that you have not lost
all your data.Search your hard drive for any files with the.fdb extenson. Short
of a complete hard drive collapse( which means that often  if you can spend
some money, tech's can still most likely revive it long enough to retrieve your
information..this is a been there done that experience btw...). HANG ON to THAT
hard drive and DON'T reformat it until AFTER the tech's have had a run at
it...Failing a dead hard drive i am betting that the information is still there
even if windows died. The fact that legacy won't boot does not necessarily mean
that your data is trashed. Even uninstalling the program does not remove your
data
It is still possible to download version six and I am betting that if you
contacted the sales department, staff would likely be able to give you your
version six customer number that will unlock the version6 deluxe capabilities
of the program.If you were going to update to Version 7, you would need to
download that version and then...if desired pay to get a version 7 unlock

Legacy User Group guidelines:  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp