From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of Jenny M Benson
Sent: October-30-09 11:11 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Identify Individuals missing from one file.

Paul Gray wrote
>I have received a file from my cousin (a GEDCOM that I imported into an
>FDB). Although many of the individuals are common, she has researched
>certain branches that I have not. I am trying to find a way to get a
>list ( I don't want to do any kind of auto merge) of individuals in her
>file that are not in mine. I am expecting that any such comparison will
>produce mostly 'valid extras' that I can choose to import or key in,
>but also some "false positives" where we both have the same individual
>but they cannot be matched because of spelling differences or other
>differences in vital data such as birth date and location.
>
>I have used GenMatcher and I can identify differences in data between
>two 'matching' individuals in two files, but I can't find the unmatched
>individuals I describe above.

A bit of lateral thinking required here.  If you can only identify those who
*do* match, the unmatched ones are all the rest!

Look at "Compare two file for duplicates" in Legacy Help.  You can tag all
the records it finds which you think *are* a match and then all the one who
aren't tagged are the ones you need to look at more closely and see if you
want to import or add them.
--
Jenny M Benson

12:39:00