*OFF LIST *

Jane:

I have same trouble.  You can send plain text by clicking the "Plain Text"
hyperlink on the toolbar, just above the message box.  But you have to do it
for every message.  I cannot figure out a way to have Gmail automatically
send Plain Text to a specific sender  -- it seems to be either one or the
other is universally applied and you have to change it message by message.

Frustrating.

Scott