Ron,

I'm using the very same setup and file.  GEDCOM 5.5 does not, by
default, include _PLAC _DEFN.  You have to use the export to Legacy
type file to get that element.  so I started the process by selecting
Legacy GEDCOM, then moved _PLAC _DEFN to the right column, then saved
the customized definition.  Then went back and redid the process,
selecting GEDCOM 5.5, then loading the customized definition which
brought _PLAC _DEFN back, then created the GEDCOM.  After searching
the resulting GEDCOM, there was no _PLAC _DEFN, nor LATI or LONG in
the results!

Gene