John,

Due to vision problems, I need to have good contrast when i'm viewing
or reading things and really haven't had any more problems with the
maps than anything else I'm looking at on the monitor.

Have you tried adjusting your monitor settings for contrast and
brightness and enlarging the map window, whether it be in the Master
Location List or Map of Places for... window.

The maps are actually coming from Bing Maps and aren't in Legacy.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree