On 2012/04/08 17:05, Marg Strong wrote:

> I don't know if the problem is not being able to open the PDF files, but I've
> had that problem on my Windows 7 computer for some time. I always had to right
> click and choose the Adobe PDF reader. Now I have the reader on my task bar
> and
> just drag the pdf file onto it so it is quicker.

using Windows Explorer, locate a PDF file, any PDF file, right-click on it and
select Properties. On the General tab, look at what Windows thinks the file
opens with. Does it say Adobe reader? If not click on the Change... button. Now
you can sort things out and allocate Adobe Reader to open all PDF files. If
Adobe Reader isn't shown as the Recommended program, click on the little arrow
at the end of the line for Other Programs. Is it in there? If so, select it and
make sure that the check box saying 'Always use the selected program to open
this kind of file' is ticked. Now click OK and close the Properties window.

If it's not Recommended or in the Other Programs, then it hasn't been set up as
a Default Program, but that's another topice :-).

Maybe the simplest way out is to reinstall Acrobat reader :-)

--
Regards,
Mike Fry