From: Mark Lang [mailto:markl...@adam.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, 15 April 2012 9:32 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Special characters

Gene,

It appears that you will be unable to do what you want because what you want to
do can only be achieved with Unicode. In Legacy I can only achieve the
diacritics as noted by the special characters on the special characters ribbon.

In Word 2007 however, I was able to achieve the long vowels that you mentioned
in your e-m. BTW, the small inverted v is called a circumflex accent. Because
when you transfer data from Legacy to TNG, you are using GEDCOM, which is
limited (just off the top of my head) to the first 128 characters (don’t quote
me) whereas the diacritics you require are in the extended characters not
recognised by simple text, but is by HTML. That is why you can make the changes
on your website but doesn’t transfer correctly because the codes don’t
translate.

Kind Regards

Mark Lang