That's all happening in v8.

Kind Regards,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Fry [mailto:emjay...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013 9:34 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] What is the file for?

On 2013/09/06 01:50, Ron Taylor wrote:

>   One of the basic principles that has been used for years is to have
> everything in the C:\Legacy folder which is in the same place for all
> versions of Windows whereas the My Documents folder location has
> changed with the newer versions of Windows.

This is for good-old historical reasons. And, possibly, the developers thought
it was to much work to adjust their installation/product to fit in with the
restrictions found in Vista and later versions. Comes from lumping data files
together with program files.

 From Vista onwards, program code was supposed to be installed in a protected
area (\Program Files\Millennia\Legacy) and data was supposed to have been split
between application data (\Program Data\Millennia\Legacy) and user data (\My
Documents\Millennia\Legacy). Too much work!

--
Regards,
Mike Fry