With Legacy 8, the Panels have gone - so how do you access this very
useful information?

You turn on Pop-ups in Options > Customise 1.7 (isn't that a great
change - being able to refer to Options by number :-) )
Information Pop-ups only work on Pedigree View and not Family View as
they used to in L7.

However they're vital on Pedigree View to access the information that
was on the panels.
The popup gives you spouses and children. You have to go to the
previous generation to get Siblings.

Anyone in the pop-up can be clicked on. double click to change the
focus of Pedigree View to that person.

Note that there is also a change to who is in focus on Pedigree View.
It is only and always the starting person. By that I mean you can't
click on someone else and then change view and find them in focus as
was the case in L7.

Cathy