I'm not talking about the highlight changing to white - I'm talking
about the letters changing to white.

The highlight is going to stay blue unless you can convince Microsoft
otherwise - good luck with that!

There is highlight on the grid view because it's a.... grid view. Like
a spreadsheet or the Index or Descendant view

Double or single click will move the child to focus. A right click
gives you an option to Edit.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support